Saturday, August 21, 2010

Milestones in the Making

It's only been 4 full days since surgery but today I feel like I've turned a corner.  I have only taken one pain pill today, and haven't needed any more.  I feel I have more energy and even got outside today.  It seems so simple, but just a quick trip to the grocery store with the family made me feel more human!  The smell of food cooking didn't make me nauseous today, and actually started to smell good.  I felt a bit hungry too, which is good because I've been having a lot of trouble getting in even half of my daily protein requirement.  I also took a multivitamin which I had been afraid to do until today.  Lots of baby steps, but steps in the right direction!

I guess my biggest accomplishment is that I'm down a total of 10 pounds.  That's 6 from my pre-op liquid diet, and 4 since surgery.  That means I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with baby #2!  It feels good to get the baby weight off since the 'baby' is 3 years old!  Now I'll be working on the weight from Baby #1.  All in due time.

I've decided to post my weight loss once a week, on Saturday.  I chose that day because that was my old Weight Watchers 'weigh in' day.  I'm more likely to remember to do it if I stick to the familiar.

Until next time, be well!

No comments: