Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Week Later!

I've survived my first week of post-op!  It hasn't been that bad really, just a lot of reminding myself to take it easy and heal.  Yesterday was my first day on my own as hubby had to go back to work.  Because I must be mildly insane, I decided to take the girls to Wal Mart.  I hadn't driven in a week and needed to get out of the house.  It started out OK but after a little shopping I was starting to get sore.  I couldn't take the pain meds in the morning because then I wouldn't be able to drive.  Believe me, as soon as we got home I took one!  The rest of the day was pretty rough so that tells me the shopping trip was too much.  Lesson learned.

I've been doing better at getting close to the goal of consuming 60 grams of protein a day.  It's no so easy but I am keeping track so I can see how far off I am each day.
I have continued to lose weight (not posting until Saturday!).  I've been walking a little and can't wait to REALLY be able to exercise again.  I've been having some pretty bad back pain.  They told me in the hospital that I would likely have gas pain in my back and shoulder for a while.  Somehow this doesn't really feel like that.  It feels more like my body wants to stretch and move, and hasn't been able to.  I'd love to be able to do some yoga, or just basic floor stretches.  That's not in the cards just yet.

Here's a picture of what the band looks like.  I thought I'd share it with you so you can have a better understanding of what's going on 'behind the scenes'.  Freaky, isn't it?  You can see how huge the human stomach is in it's original form, and how little of it is used after the band is put on.  That's why I get so full after just a few spoonfuls of yogurt or oatmeal!  It's a modern marvel.


I go to the doc tomorrow for my follow-up.  I'm anxious to hear what he has to say, and I have a few questions for him about my 'port'.  I'll let you know what he says!

No comments: