Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Only in My Dreams

I had a dream last night that I made pancakes for the girls, and ate 4 of them myself, before remembering that I'm supposed to be on a liquid diet!  I woke up relieved that it was only a dream.  I wonder if I'll be dreaming about food for the rest of my life.
The good news is that I'm down 4 pounds from all this madness.  I get mad when I hear people say things like "I gave up drinking pop and lost 25 pounds!".  I gave up pop, artificial sweeteners and most sugars back in January.  I didn't lose an ounce.  So, I've been on liquids for 4 days and I've lost 4 pounds.  I'm not complaining, because I'm grateful for any weight loss, but is this what it takes for me to lose weight?  I have to eat only fruits, drink my protein, and go to bed hungry?  Seems a little unfair to me, but I guess I have to accept that as my fate.  It just kind of pisses me off, that's all.

I am feeling better than I was, and I think I'm finally detoxed from carbs.  No headaches, and I don't feel as weak as before.  I've been keeping up with my weight lifting classes but have stopped "Power Cycling". It's a grueling 60 minute, fast paced class and I just don't think I have the energy to get through that!  At this point I think weight lifting is the key.  I really don't want to have sagging skin after all this hard work!

Surgery is one week from today.  And so the count down begins!

No comments: