Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paving the Way

Hello Team!

As you know, I have only told a handful of people about my plan to undergo LapBand surgery.  You are my "team".  I've told you few because I know you'll be there to help me through this process with your love and support! 
I've decided to start blogging (anonymously) to keep the team up to date on the progress during this journey.  I love to write and can't imagine going through this without documenting it.  So, why not share that progress with you!

Today was the big meeting with the surgeon for final instructions regarding the 10 day liquid diet, and pre-surgery prep.  Every time I go to one of these meetings or info. sessions, I have doubts and can't believe I've gotten to this point.  I never thought in a million years I would be signing up for weight loss surgery!  I wonder every day why I couldn't make it work on my own.  I'm trying not to feel like a failure.  Speaking of failure, my biggest fear at this point is having all this done and still not losing weight.  Talk about a nightmare!

So, the 10 day plan.  They call it a liquid diet but really, it's not.  I'm allowed to have lots of fresh/raw fruits and veggies each day, along with my protein shakes.  I can also have sugar free popsicles and jell-O (not a big fan of jell-O).


We're going away this weekend, right at the time when I have to start this 10 day.  Here's some of what I'm packing for the trip.  Doesn't it look nice?  When I was washing, cutting, and packing, I thought to myself "Wow, why couldn't I just eat like this before?  These are all things I like".  I guess there are times when grapes aren't going to cut it and you just have to have a bowl of cereal!  I wonder how that will change after surgery.  Hmmm?

So the journey begins, with you by my side.  I'll try my best to keep the blog up to date and I welcome you to leave comments.  All you have to do is have either a Gmail or Yahoo email account to be able to comment.
We'll be in touch!

No comments: