Friday, August 20, 2010

Thank God it's Friday!

Yesterday was pretty rough.  I have this problem of thinking I'm Super Woman, and don't take all of my pain meds, then over do it, and of course pay for it.  I was so sick.  I couldn't even stand the sound of my kids voices!  Everything just seemed too loud.  I was in bed a lot, feeling guilty for not being present for them.  I also figured out I was probably dehydrated.  Since I can only sip water all day long, not guzzle it like I normally would, I've not been paying much attention.  Nurse Hubby got me back on track though and even woke up in the middle of the night to bring me some water.  Today is a much better day because of that, along with taking my meds when I'm supposed to!
At this point I'm pretty sure I'm under nourished.  According to my guidelines I'm supposed to be having 2 protein shakes a day, plus things like cottage cheese, oatmeal, soup, etc.  I can barely get down 1 shake so far.  I tried the cottage cheese and started to get sick.  I made 1/4 cup of oatmeal today and only ate about half.  Part of my problem is that I'm absolutely terrified of throwing up!  I stop eating the instant I feel the least bit queasy.  Throwing up is one of the big reasons people have band slippage.  I don't want that to be me.  The other problem is that the pain medication makes me feel icky.  I think once I'm off the meds, I will be able to eat more.  Right now, I'm just not hungry.
I'm just so thankful to have my hubby home with me for these past couple of days.  He's been here to take care of me and the kids.  Yesterday he took them to piano and out for ice cream.  Today it's off to the library.  I don't know how I would get any rest if he wasn't here.
I just need to sit back and enjoy this help while I have it because he goes back to work on Monday.  If I don't feel better by then, I'm out of luck!
I look like I've been battered or tortured.  I have bruises all over, the worst of which is from the IV in my arm.  I've been wearing long sleeves so the kids can't see it because it's really THAT bad.  It's actually black right now.  How do I explain that to them?
So, for the next couple days, my goal is to heal.  That's all I need to do, just heal.

No comments: