Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two Week Bandiversary

Today I am two weeks out from surgery, and feeling great.  The bruising and swelling around my incisions is all gone.
Remember I said I was having that horrible back pain that the doc said was gas.  I didn't believe him or the nurse and was sure something was really wrong (however I did not go to medical school).  It got so bad I was actually taking my pain medication at night just so I could fall asleep!  Well, lo and behold (TMI alert), yesterday, without warning, the gas flood gates opened up with a vengeance.  It's all gone, and so is the back pain!  I'm just so glad we weren't out in public, and I have an understanding husband!  I'm feeling like 'me' again, and that feels great.
So, tomorrow is the big day.  I get to move on to the next phase of the plan, 'pureed foods'.  I have to review my food list to see what I can have but I do know one of the things is mashed potatoes.  Now, I know I can't have them like my Mom would make them, butter is out of the question, but I don't care.  I'm just so looking forward to having something warm at dinner time.  I looked on line to find low fat recipes and most of them agree you should use low fat sour cream instead of butter.  I'll give it a try.
I'll be posting my weight loss again on Saturday but I can say that I am happy that all my pants are loose, even fresh out of the dryer.  It's been a long time since I've been able to say that.  It's all about the little victories.
Until next time, be well.

No comments: