Saturday, September 25, 2010

Nothing, Nada, Zilch!

That's how much I've lost this week, Nada!
The scale is exactly the same as last week, right down to the decimal.  Once again I'm happy I have not gained.  I continue to eat the foods allowed to me at this stage of the diet.  I am hungry more often now than I was before but that's to be expected.  When I get hungry, I reach for one of the approved foods.  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be keeping track of my caloric intake but I did for a few days just out of curiosity.  I've been ranging between 875-1000.  More importantly, I continue to get at least 60 grams of protein in each day.  At the pre-op meetings they drilled the importance of protein into our heads so much, that I'm now a freak about it!  Oddly enough, my hair is growing at an alarming rate.  I think I could get it cut every 2 weeks now, and it has to be from the protein, ya' think?
This time period I'm in right now is commonly referred to as "Bandster Hell".  It's when you've healed enough that your appetite comes back, but you haven't yet had a fill.  I really don't consider it a hell.  Yes, I pretty much have a regular appetite back, and I'm hungry a lot.  However, I have been through a lot worse things than this (like numerous gruesome dental surgeries!), and I know it will pass.  This is a process and I'm along for the ride.  My fill appointment is on Wednesday so there's a light at the end of this hunger tunnel.
I am a little afraid about the appointment on Wednesday.  This is my first time so I don't know exactly what to expect.  I also don't want to have to go back to a liquid diet now that I've finally progressed to real food.  It shouldn't be that extreme as long as he's conservative with the amount he puts in, and I'm super careful about my portion sizes.  I'm just hoping for the best, and anxious to see that scale moving again.

I'm really excited that I should be cleared this week to go back to the gym.  I've been walking a lot on my own, especially with this gorgeous Fall weather, but I want to get in there and do some weights.  So far the only thing that's sagging are my arms, but I want to get right on that and try to avoid having a saggy flabby body!  My program here allows for 8 personal training sessions and I can't wait.  I'm choosing the trainer at my gym who teaches the spinning classes.  She is an animal!  She's like a pumped up Jillian Michaels.  I plan on getting the most out of those 8 sessions, and she's the one who will make that happen for sure.
So, I'll be back on Wednesday to write abut my first fill experience.  Until then, be well!

No comments: