Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weighing in

Hi All...
As promised, I'm posting my weekly weight loss.  Three and a half weeks post-op and I am down a grand total of...
21.5

I am VERY pleased with that number.  When I started this journey, a personal goal I set for myself was to lose 20 pounds by my birthday.  Well, I managed to surpass that goal a week early.  I feel great.  I'm amazed that I continue to lose even though I haven't had a fill.  
On Wednesday I can start the 'soft foods' diet and I'm so looking forward to a change.  I believe part of the reason I've been losing so consistently is because I'm terribly bored with the foods I'm currently allowed to eat.  I'm so sick of cottage cheese and yogurt.  I just can't get excited about (or choke down) pureed meats.  So, instead of eating something I don't want to eat, I just don't eat at all!  I know that's not good, but it's got to be better than cheating and eating something that's not on the approved list.  When I can have soft foods I'll be able to have a baked potato, and I can't believe how happy that makes me!
Some of you have asked when I'll be posting new pictures.  Well, I decided to do that once a month.  Since surgery was on August 17, I'll post pictures on September 17.  I'm really hoping you will notice a difference!  I know 21 pounds isn't a huge difference, but hopefully you'll see it.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend people!

No comments: