Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Huh? C'mon!

I never had a chance to post my weekly weigh in on Saturday.  We've sure been busy around here!  So, here I am one week post-fill and I'm down 1/2 a pound.  I feel like yelling at the scale "C'mon, are you kidding me?!".
Part of me says, OK I'll take it, it's not a gain.  But the other part of me says What the hell did I go through all this for, a lousy half a pound?!.
I can tell I've had a fill, I do have restriction.  Occasionally if I take a larger bite of something than I should, I can feel it struggling to go down.  I do get full pretty quickly.  So, why is the weight coming off so slowly?  It's so darn frustrating.  It reminds me of my Weight Watchers days when I'd do real well in the beginning, and then I'd be stuck for months.  I sure hope that isn't what's happening here.  I have an appt. to go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks.  He said if I wasn't losing a pound a week, he wanted to see me.  Maybe I'm prematurely paranoid, but a second fill might be in order for me.

On a more positive note, I'm back at the gym.  It felt good to get back into weight lifting.  I hate my flabby arms and not being able to lift anything for 6 weeks didn't help that at all.  I've done a weight lifting class twice this week, and one spinning class.  I do notice my clothes fitting much differently.  So, I guess that's a non scale victory!  I must say that getting back into a regular exercise routine is not easy though.  One day at a time I guess.

Kim wanted to know what I eat these days.  So, here's what I had for dinner last night...

One home made turkey burger (93% lean)
3 Tbsp. mixed veggies (no butter or oil)
2 mini pierogi (no butter or sour cream).
I was full full full!
Then an hour before bed I had a sugar free popsicle.
So, there you have it.  Not very exciting, I know.

Well, I don't have anything else to report so I'll end here.  Until I have more exciting news, be well!

No comments: