Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just Top it Off Please!

I went in for my second fill appointment yesterday.  Funny how at my first appointment I had to meet with several different people and felt like I was there forever.  This time, it was just me and the doctor and I was out in less than 10 minutes.
He saw that I hadn't lost much since last time and we agreed that it was time for a fill.  He confirmed everything that I had read on the forums about people not feeling much of a difference after just one fill.  He says most people feel it after the second and third fills and really start losing.  I sure hope that's the case for me because I'd like to start seeing the numbers go down!
I told him about the little stitch that my body rejected.  He agreed that it was most definitely a stitch.  He says that they're supposed to dissolve but sometime the body just grabs onto one, and spits it out.  Funny, but that's exactly what happened.  The human body is a most fascinating machine.
So, last night I had oatmeal for dinner of course.  The day of the fill I'm supposed to stick to soft foods.  Today I can go back to 'normal' eating, but so far I'm afraid.  I had a protein shake this am. for breakfast, and really took my time drinking it, taking little sips.  I'm really afraid of that "stuck" feeling that so many of us talk about.  I'd rather avoid that.  The first thing I noticed this morning is that I didn't wake up starving, like I had been for the past few days.  That's a good sign.  I guess at this point it will be a day or two before I really know if I have restriction.  Lunch time should be interesting.
That's all for now.  More in a few days!

No comments: