Wednesday, November 17, 2010

3 Month Bandiversary, update and pics

Here I am 3 months post surgery.  Unfortunately I had to celebrate today by going back to the surgeon to have half of that last fill taken out.  It's been a week and I've been literally surviving on protein shakes and popsicles.  I couldn't live like that any longer and finally broke down and made the call.  I kept thinking it was swelling that would go down and I would eventually get to the point where I could actually eat solid food.  Well, that never happened.  In fact I had a horrible sliming episode again yesterday while in line waiting to pick up my daughter from preschool.  Just awful.
The positive side of that is the whole not eating thing has of course caused me to lose even more weight.  I'm now comfortably in "One"derland.  Do you know what that is?  I'll let you figure that one out.
I also weigh at least 5 pounds less than my hubby.  That was a big goal of mine.  I think most women would like to be smaller than their man, right?  However, him being a man, he'll probably catch up to me again in about 5 seconds so I have to enjoy this victory while it lasts!
Before my wonderfully supportive husband went off to work, he took my 3 month picture and then said "WOW, you're really going to see a difference".  Here are the comparison shots.  Day one after surgery, and today.

August 18, 2010
November 17, 2010






















The first thing I noticed once I put the pictures side by side is the amount of 'me' that used be in front of my arms, as compared to now.  Wow, that was a lot of belly.  The butt is still plentiful, but much smaller these days.  What differences do you see?

I broke down and did a little shopping yesterday.  Hubby kept saying I was wearing my 'big girl pants', so it was time.  At first I tried on some pants a size smaller than what I normally wear and I was so mad/depressed because I couldn't get them buttoned.  When I left the dressing room and went to put the pants back on the rack, I realized I was standing in the Juniors section!  Ah, OK, that explains it.  I made my way to ladies, grabbed some 16's and 14's, and guess what?  The 16's were way too big in the waist!  I came home with some cute little size 14 jeans and they look good.  It sure feels good to not have that darn 'W' after the 14 too.  I'm officially just a regular lady now.
Here's my attempt at taking a picture of myself in the mirror since I was the only one around this morning.

I feel good, and I feel like me again.  It's a great feeling when I bend down to put socks on and I'm not met by a bulging belly roll.  I have more energy and I'm pretty sure I smile a lot more now.  I think that's a victory!

5 comments:

Libby said...

You look amazing! I can't believe you are only 3 months out. Keep up the great work!

Read said...

The pictures are awesome!! Great job!!

rach said...

Wow you look awesome !!! look at your butt it's looking great :D Love that you smile more...It's a great feeling huh?!!!
xxxRach.
Urban Wasteland

Lap Band Gal said...

Woo Hoo! Looking great!

Violinist with a Band said...

Ah wow you look so great! Good for you! Can't wait to get into regular sized clothing. Also, being lighter than my fiancé was a big deal to me as well so i totally understand. Congrats on all these nsv's!!!