Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Bump in the Road (Hiccup)

I've been having a terrible time since my last fill.  It was only .5CC but let me tell you, the third fill is a doozie.  Sure, it has helped me lose weight faster, but that's because I can't eat.  On Wednesday, the day of the fill, I stuck to liquids for the rest of the day, as the doc ordered.  I even tried some really runny oatmeal for dinner and couldn't get it to go down so I just skipped dinner altogether.  Thursday and Friday I got through the day on SF pudding and fudgecicles.  It seemed anything else I even tried just wouldn't go down and caused discomfort.  That brings us to Saturday, a day I'd like to forget.  I made my protein shake in the morning and had about half of it and then went to the gym.  I worked out like an animal for an hour, it was amazing.  I came home and had to rush to get my daughter ready for gymnastics.  I decided to scramble one medium egg and eat that since we would be at the class for two hours.  Everything seemed fine until I got to the class.  I had to run out in the hallway and slime into my hands while frantically looking for a bathroom!  It was nasty and I'm so happy nobody else was in the hall with me.  To spare you all the gory details, this happened 4 more times, just from one tiny egg!  Later in the day we went to a party at some friends, and I had 2 TEASPOONS of food.  I ate ridiculously slow and chewed like nobody's business.  Let's just say there was a repeat performance all the way home.  Thank God my kids were getting cranky and we needed to go home because it could have been pretty embarrassing.
So, today I am sticking to liquids all day, no matter what.  Hubby thinks there's some irritation and swelling going on and that I need to give my body a break.  I agree.  If things aren't better by tomorrow, I have to go back in and have the .5 removed.  I really didn't want to have to do that because before this fill I felt I was able to eat too much.  However, no amount of weight loss is worth the pain I have been through over the past 2 days.  I can't live like this.
I can't believe I made it through 3 months without a single complication or complaint, and then this happened.  Trial and error I guess.

With all that said, let's get on to some good news.  Yesterday was weigh in day, and since I was too sick to post it, here it is!
To date I have lost a total of...

30.6

Remember I wanted to lose 25 by Thanksgiving, so I'm so pleased to be past that already!  Hubby says I'm melting away before his eyes.  I just wish it was because I was eating healthy foods in small portions.  Unfortunately, this loss is because I'm not eating at all!  Hopefully things will be looking up this week.  I'll be updating soon!

3 comments:

rach said...

Wow ! Hope that settles down a bit! Awesome loss... how much total in your band now ?
Rach.
Urban Wasteland

Read said...

I'm so sorry it's too much right now, but your hubby could be right. I've read on other blogs where sometimes people really swell when they get a fill so they are really tight for several days to a week before their body calms down and it's ok then.

Great loss, though of course you can't keep this uncomfortable place for too long!

FitBy40 said...

Rach, I believe I have 4.5CC now. It was that last .5 that put me over the edge!
Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I'll try to eat something today and hope for the best!