Saturday, November 6, 2010

Moving right along

Here we are at weekly weigh in day once again.  I must say I wasn't expecting much when I got on the scale this morning, for a couple of reasons.  First of all I'm sort of getting used to losing just ounces each week.  Also, my rings were so tight this morning I couldn't even get them off, a sure sign that I'm retaining water.  Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a 1.5 pound loss!  WOW, Imagine if my rings weren't tight, it would probably be more (at least that's what I'm telling myself).  So, my total loss to date is...

26.5

I'm happy with that.  My own personal goal is to be down a total of 30 by Thanksgiving, and I'm a smidge closer than I was last week.  Hooray for me and Phil!  Yup, that's what I'm naming my band.  Get it? "Phil" (Fill).  Here I thought I was so cute and trendy by wanting to name the band, then I find out by reading lots of other blogs, that so many bandsters name their band!  So much for being unique.  That's OK, Phil and I don't mind.

I decided I do much better with food choices when I document everything.  The dietitian says I'm not supposed to be counting calories but I'm a perpetual Weight Watcher and I need to hold myself accountable.  So, I pick 3-4 days a week to journal my food.  I write down the item, calories, fat and protein.  I've been getting AT LEAST 75 grams of protein a day.  Calories are all over the place, anywhere from 750-1200.  I guess the good thing is that if I'm eating that much protein, there can't be much room for other junk.  Is that much protein good for the kidneys?  I seem to recall hearing something about kidney damage when the Atkins diet was all the rage.  I'll have to look that up.

I had the week off from personal training because the kids had off from school for conferences.  I'll be back at it this coming week and I'm ready to feel the pain.  Hubby says he can tell I look more toned.  I'm glad he notices these things!

I have my next follow-up with Dr. Hottie on Wednesday.  I'm sure I'll have more to write about then.
Until then!

No comments: