Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Things Every Woman Wants to Hear

I went in for fill #3 today, and a 3 month check up.  I saw the doc first, which is a little weird isn't it?   Don't you usually see a nurse first?  Anyway, he comes in all smiles and says "Wow, you've lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks, that's great!  I didn't expect to see that at this point and I know it's because you're doing all the work, it's not the band".
Well well, tell me more great stuff to make me feel good about myself!  He went on to tell me that I have very little in the band at this point and most people don't see that kind of loss until the 3rd fill, and he's so glad I came in so we could tighten things up a bit.  Okie Doke, that's what I'm here for, filler' up!
I was all braced and holding my breath thinking it was going to hurt like hell, and then felt like an idiot because it didn't even hurt at all.  I told him we must be getting good at this because I didn't even flinch.
I then decide to confess that my port area is pretty much tender all the time.  Not really 'pain', but a little sore.  His response is "Well, you're SO LITTLE that the port is sitting right on your muscle tissue and it's constantly being irritated".  Um, excuse me, SO LITTLE is not an adjective ever used to describe ME!  I was laughing on the inside, trying not to beam too much.  I'm sure I blushed.
So far I've just had water since leaving the docs office.  I can actually feel it trickling down which is totally freaky.  I'll have oatmeal for dinner tonight, and then tomorrow will be the real test to see if I can eat.  I'm a little scared as well as excited.  Scared because of the fear of food getting stuck.  Excited because I'd LOVE to see a big loss this week.
The doc says that at this point I just make my appointments on an as needed basis.  If I feel like I need a fill, I call.  That's it.  I'm thinking I'll go in once before the end of the year since our insurance sucks and with the new year comes a new outrageous deductible.  Might as well get it in while it's free, right?
So, that's it for now peeps.  Be well!

No comments: