Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekly weigh in and Holiday wrap up

Thanksgiving is over and our family has gone back home.  I was secretly worried about the holiday dinner and how I would get through it, but everything went fine.  I had intentions of taking before and after pictures of my plate but then forgot all about it.  I was able to eat a small piece of turkey breast, about 3 tablespoons of stuffing and about 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes (no butter).  I was full but not uncomfortable.  No dessert for me, and I didn't miss it at all.  I had a nice cup of coffee and enjoyed my company.

My goal this week was to make it to the gym 3 times but I actually made it there 4 times!  Twice my hubby went with me and got to witness what a crazy woman I am in the spinning class.  He is very motivating and kept saying "You're doing great.  Good job!".  It was really fun going to the gym together (we never have before).  I think he's hooked now, too.

I've learned a lot about my band this holiday season.  I learned the hard way that the band is unpredictable.  I had no problem with the turkey on Thanksgiving but when I ate a home made enchilada made with the left overs, it went down fine, but then haunted me for hours to follow.  How does that make sense?  I've also learned that on the days that I work out really hard, I just can't eat most solids.  It's sad but true.  Spinning or running causes swelling around the band area and makes it impossible to eat.  I now know on those days to stick to soft foods and liquids and I'll avoid a lot of pain and slime.
I've also learned that the holidays don't have to be so much about food.  They're for me more about being with family, having good company and conversation.  I can enjoy all of those things without gorging myself on fattening food.

On that note I'm happy to announce that I actually lost weight during this holiday.  My total weight loss to date is

32.5

I'm pleased with that number.  The band and I are working well together.  Now, I know many of you Bandster Bloggers have set up a holiday challenge for Christmas.  I haven't officially joined that group but I can say that my personal holiday goal is to be down at least 35 by the time we go home for Christmas.  Phil and I are up to the challenge!  We can do it!

1 comment:

Violinist with a Band said...

Congrats to you on your successful first Thanksgiving with the band!!! That's so awesome that you made it through unscathed - what a great feeling :) I ate more than I should, but like you, I went to the gym for 2 hours everyday. Definitely a good choice :) And congrats on your weightloss so far too! I know you'll be able to make your Christmas goal!! You should join the christmas spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak2Ill9eR_EidG1WRTUyU0FXVkNqSXZPcnloVUtvSGc&hl=en

Here is the New Years one too: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am5-D5xrt3dKdC1DaDJEY3IwaXpFUC1aSzhkdkRScmc&hl=en&authkey=CMr0g1w