Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sometimes life gets in the way

This week my daughter was sick and missed 4 days of school.  She's a great kid and pretty low maintenance even when she's not feeling well, so all she wanted was a lot of rest and lots of popsicles.  I can't say it was a great deal of work having her home.  However, I was totally off my schedule.  I hate that something like this can completely throw me off track.  I've still been eating small amounts but my choices haven't exactly followed the #1 Band rule of "protein first".  It's been more 'a handful of this, a handful of that' sort of week for me.  I need to do some more work on making the band rules a way of life, every day, no matter what is going on.  I'm a work in progress. 
I also didn't get to the gym AT ALL!  How is it that I made it there 4 times the week of Thanksgiving, and this week none?  I'm actually leaving in a half an hour to do a spinning class, but this is the first time all week.  Yikes!  I did walk/run on my treadmill 3 times though, and the kids and I played around with the Wii Fit a couple times, so I did get some exercise in, just not the weight training that I'm used to.
So, with that being said, I did in fact lose a tiny bit of weight this week.  0.3 to be exact.  What a pain in the ass this is!  So, my total weight loss to date is...

32.8

Yeah, sure I'm thankful it's not a gain.  It's just frustrating that even after weight loss surgery I still have to work my butt off to see a change on the scale, while some people don't have to work at it at all.  Please don't think I was looking for a fast and easy fix when I signed up for this, I'm just venting is all.  I'll get over it and next week will be a better week.
So, I've still got some things to learn, some work to do.  With the holidays coming up, I better get my act in gear Pronto!
Happy Saturday everyone.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Try to give yourself a break. You are still losing and that is a good thing. I was banded 2 months ago today and I only lost 1.7lbs. in the last month. I did great my first month but I have totally stalled out in month 2. So, we are all a work in progress. All we can do is keep trying and know that in time it will become second nature.

Yay for going to spin class!