Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekly weigh in and Reflections

It seems like my weekly weigh in has been pushed to Sunday more often than not lately.  I had wanted Saturday to be my day since that was my old Weight Watchers day, but we've been so busy over here I rarely get to it on time.  Anyway, I weighed in this morning and lo and behold I'm down another pound.  So, my total to date is

33.8

Slow and steady wins the race.  That's what I keep telling myself!  I figure as long as I'm not gaining and I'm comfortable with my band (no complications), then that's a win for me.

For some reason I woke up today thinking it was my 4 month Bandiversary.  Hubby had to remind me that today is the 12th, not the 17th so it's not time for a picture yet!  That made me think about how I'm less obsessed with the numbers these days.  As a matter of fact, when I weighed myself today I had to go back to last weeks post on here to see what my last number was.  I used to know my weight with absolute precision on any given day of the week.  It was a bit of a shock to me today that I couldn't even remember what I weighed last week.  I think that's a minor victory for me since it probably means I'm focusing more on how I feel, not so much what the number on the scale says.
I also don't care as much about food any more.  If I can only eat 2 bites of my dinner and come back to it 1/2 hour later, then so be it.  Doesn't bother me any more.  I guess that will be a problem if I'm out at a restaurant with people who don't know about the band, but in my regular, every day life, who cares!  I think my priorities are shifting from quantity to quality.  I'm pretty sure I'd rather have a few bites of a high quality piece of fish than a whole plate full of some junk that has no benefit to my body.  Oh my, times have changed!

Now, on to a Non Scale Victory.  I was out shopping with the kids the other day and happened by a small rack of left over fall coats that were marked way down.  I noticed they only had Medium and Large left.  The old me would have just walked away because there wasn't an XL on the rack.  But the new me tried on the large, and then bought it for myself!  I should probably be posting a pic of it here but I'm comfy under my blanket right now and I'm not getting up!  I'll have to do that tomorrow.
So, I'm not sure why I'm still in such shock that I'm wearing a regular ladies Large, but I hope it's finally sinking in.  Geez, maybe by the time it sinks in, I'll be in a Medium!
Until next time, stay warm and be well.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Great loss :o) And a great NSV!!!!