Whoopti Do. Moving on.
Read 're-nominated' me for that Stylish blogger award, the stinker! I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do this or not but I thought it would be fun to go ahead and try to come up with 7 more things about me. Thanks Read!
1. The hubby and I got engaged while we were in Venice, Italy. We were on a two week trip trekking around Italy and Germany (totally roughing it). Even though we had talked about getting married, I was really shocked that he actually had a ring and brought it all the way to Europe with him!
2. I spent nearly 9 years as a Case Manager, working at a non-profit, serving adults with learning disabilities, before I decided to change careers. I was burnt out and depressed after the 5th year and knew I couldn't do that work for the rest of my life. I've never missed it or regretted my decision.
3. I am fluent in American Sign Language and am a nationally Certified interpreter.
4. I love to travel and am constantly thinking of where I'd like to go next. We do a lot less of that now that we have little ones at home though. Now our adventures are more 'family friendly' and tame. We know that one day we'll get back to trekking around the planet, and hopefully the kids will want to go along.
5. I have a great appreciation, and thirst for knowledge for other cultures. I have no patience for racism or ignorance.
6. I hate to talk politics but believe that everyone should vote!
7. I have to work today so I need to get my butt off this computer! Bye for now.