Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11...How cool is that?

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  I know I did.  We just got back from our annual holiday trip back 'home' to celebrate with the extended family and dear friends.  The days were action packed and we're all exhausted!  So happy to be in our pajmas and laying low today.

I very hesitantly got on the scale this morning.  Ooh, I was so scared.  I really tried to be good the whole week we were away, but you know how it is when you're not in your own home and off the regular schedule.  Since I didn't have my gym, I got on the treadmill twice, and walked the mall twice.  Also, I didn't weigh myself once the whole week, which scared the heck out of me!  Believe it or not, with the holidays and all the temptation, and being out of my regular routine, I was actually able to LOSE weight.  I can't believe it but it feels great.  Here's my total loss to date...


36.2

Holy cow!  I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this thing.  I was conscious of all the band rules and they are becoming a way of life for me.  The other thing that helped in a big way was my mother in law and her amazing cooking.  She knows about the band and did her best to make sure I had the right foods available.  She also cooked the most wonderful soups that were totally healthy and full of veggies.  What a great way to get the veggies in without over stuffing myself!  Who knew I could get so excited about cauliflower soup?  I think I'll be making it myself this week, and I'm certain it won't be as good as hers.

So overall we had a wonderful holiday and food was not the focal point.  I hope that's a good sign for the year to come!

No comments: