Saturday, January 15, 2011

The BIG 4-OH!


It's weigh in day, and I'm down 40 pounds!
Actually, I'm down a total of  40.4 if we want to get technical.  This last fill has proven to be the one I needed to put me on the right track.  I'm pleasantly surprised with the result.

I continue to learn about this band.  I've been so good and not having any major 'stuck' episodes.  Then tonight all of a sudden I couldn't eat more than 2 bites of dinner.  It was very moist salmon, not a trigger food.  I pushed the plate away and patiently waited for it to go down.  Half an hour later, it came up.  Not exactly the result I was looking for.  However, I think I know what happened.  I took a nap this afternoon, woke up to make dinner, and then sat down to eat.  I think I have what bandsters call "morning band", which is swelling after waking.  The funny thing is I JUST talked to my hubby about that this morning.  He was making egg whites and asked me if I wanted some.  I explained that I'd rather have my shake in the mornings to avoid any issues with morning inflammation.  I guess that goes for afternoon naps as well.  Dammit!
Right after my 2 bites of food came back up I got the worst case of hiccups I've ever experienced in my life.  They were so painful and violent.  I have to admit I'm still terrified of band slippage and this did nothing to ease those fears.  I seem fine now after a really hot cup of tea and a dose of Pepcid.  Let's hope that's the last of it.
In an attempt to focus on the positive and stop thinking about what could go wrong, I'll mention the things that have happened as a result of 40 pounds lost.

*A belt is no longer just an accessory, it's a requirement!  I have to wear a belt with everything these days.
* I'm now wearing the size I wore when I was in high school (you know back when we all thought we were so fat, but now we'd do anything to get back there!).
* I sleep better at night.
* I'm pretty sure I don't snore any more.  I didn't snore a lot before but it was becoming more frequent just before surgery.
* I have collar bones now.  I'm pretty sure I had them before, but nobody ever saw them!
* Strange men are flirting with me now.  Is that a positive?  Well ,I got the manager at Walgreen's to give me a free humidifier, so I guess there are benefits!  The hubby and I get some laughs about it too.

That's all for now peeps.  Have a good night and be well!

2 comments:

Violinist with a Band said...

Hey congrats on your weight loss! That is so wonderful!! Isn't it great seeing collar bones? I love looking at mine :P and I like when they're prominent in pictures. It's the little things! Keep up the wonderful work!

Read said...

That's fantastic!!! Congratulations!!