Friday, January 28, 2011

What To Eat

I'm headed off to an all day conference tomorrow for work stuff.  This is the first time I've had to do that since being banded.  I'm thankful it's a 'bring your own' lunch, and food is not going to be provided.  I've been having some swelling issues (I think) the past couple days and I'm trying to take it easy in hopes of everything calming down and getting back to normal.  I've been on liquids all day today.  I don't want to be away at a conference and have a big ole puking slime fest!

Here's what I'm bringing.  I hope it's enough for 9 hours (including the 2 hours of commute time).


Protein content:
Cottage cheese-11
Almonds-4
String Cheese-7
Crackers-2
Pudding-2
Protein Bar-20

That's a total of 46 grams, not including the protein shake I always have for breakfast. 
If I'm still swollen tomorrow, I'm not sure how it'll go down.  The protein bars seem fine to me, even when I'm swollen.  The crackers are iffy but I will use them to scoop up the cottage cheese, so hopefully that will help them slide.
Here's hoping for the best.  What do you pack?

1 comment:

Violinist with a Band said...

Occasionally I'm out for 9 hours and I usually bring a protein shake, maybe a string cheese (or some kind of cheese), and then sometimes I just stop somewhere and grab something (a salad or even sometimes a little treat - candy bar or something like that). I try to hold off on eating much if I'm with other people, because, like you, I don't want it to turn into a puking fest.