Thursday, February 17, 2011

Six Months Ago Today...

...I had Lap Band surgery.  It's hard to believe it's been 6 months!  I was home on my couch, resting and thinking that I couldn't believe I had actually gone through with it.  I've come a long way since then and am happy with my progress.  I think it's coming off slowly, and in a healthy way, which is good.  I have to admit I thought I'd be at the 50 pound mark at this point, but I didn't quite make it there.  I guess none of can really predict when or how fast the weight will come off, we can just hope, and work hard.

As promised, I'm going to post all my monthly pictures here so you can see the progression.


Day 1
Month 2

Month 1
Month 6


Month 4
Month 5

I don't know what happened to my Month 3 picture, but you get the idea.  Hubby says I've lost the 'ski jump' that used to be my butt.  Isn't that nice?  Gotta' love a mans perspective.

While I'm posting pictures, it's time I post a "sisterhood" picture.  Thanks to Jen over at ItIsAllAboutMe for sending me some dress pants that actually fit!  When you accept clothing from a sisterhood post, the deal is you have to take a pic of yourself wearing the item, and post it on your blog.  So, here it is...

Size 14 Old Navy Thankyouverymuch!
It felt so nice to go into my closet and pull out something that fit and looked nice.  It's been a long time since that happened.
It's been a good 6 months.  Stay tuned for what happens in the next 6!

4 comments:

Read said...

You look great!

Fluffy said...

Wow, what a change, CONGRATS! You look great!

Sarah G said...

You hav made amazing progress!! Congratulations!!

Good luck to your Hubby on his Seattle job interview. The Pacific NW is a great place to live! It can take dome getting used to depending where you're from but most people love it.

Jen said...

Those pants look great! congrats on your progress :)