Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekly Weigh in and The Pouch Test

Today is weigh in day.  I'm down a little more, with a total of...

44.6

I am so hoping it will be an even 45 when I wake up in the morning!

Now for the pouch test:
For the past few weeks I've been having difficulty eating solid protein.  Usually we all sit down to dinner together, I take one tiny bite of either chicken or fish, then I sit there.  I sit and sit and wait for it to go down, and it won't.  I'm not sure what's going on because I'll be fine all day, eating just about normal, and then at night it's a total disaster. 
So I decided to do the 5 day pouch test, mostly because Read did it and raved about how well it worked for her.  For those of you who are not weight loss surgery folks and don't know what the pouch test is, the best way I can describe it (from my very limited knowledge) is it's like a re-set to the system.  I figure it's sort of like when your computer is 'stuck on stupid' and you have to hit the refresh button.
I just finished day 2.  The first 2 days are full liquids, high protein, no carbs.  I'm doing fine but am a little sick of pudding, I must say.  Of course I got that first day fuzzy carb-withdrawal headache, but I expected it.  I'm a total carb addict, and even though I have limited them since surgery, they're still a part of my every day eating.  Tomorrow will be a bit more 'normal' for me because I can have cottage cheese and tuna fish, two things I eat regularly anyway.  I just can't have the few crackers I would normally have.  Total bummer.
I see my surgeon on Wednesday for my 6 month post-op visit.  That will be a great time to talk to him about my difficulties eating solids and evaluate what to do next.  I currently only have 4.5CC in my band, which is pretty low, but let me tell you, I have RESTRICTION!  Maybe too much restriction.  We'll see how it goes.
I'll check back in on Wednesday to report on the progress.
Have a great night and be well!

No comments: