Thursday, March 17, 2011

7 Month Bandiversary, Catching Up, and Boobs!

Today marks 7 months since surgery, and I'm too tired to really care.  I do care enough to mention that I lost that 2 pounds I gained last week.  I'm pretty sure it was water weight because it came off almost as quickly as it went on.  Now, I'm holding steady, no gain, no loss.  That's just fine with me for now.

I had the hubs take my monthly picture and I'm not very happy with it.  These pants make my legs look like sausages!  You should know that after having them on for half an hour, they stretch out and no longer look like this.  Oh well, here's day one compared to today...


Month 7


Day 1



















I've been working my butt off this week.  I wish I meant that literally, but sadly I've only made it to the gym once this week.  I picked up a ton of hours at my part time job as soon as I heard the news about hubby's job.  He has fully embraced the "Mr. Mom" role as I trek off to work every day.  That's team work!  I think the commute is almost as hard as the job...2 hours round trip.  However, I must say that I am so happy I have a job where I can pick up hours when I want/need them, and I like feeling like I'm doing something helpful in a time of crisis.

I have to look professional at my job (I'm on camera all day) so I've had to ditch my 'mom uniform' of jeans and a baggy fleece.  The other day I came downstairs wearing a fitted sweater and hubby said "Whoa, where did those come from?".  Um, he was referring to my breasts!  I've always been small on top so I was like "What the hell are you talking about?".  The only time in my life that I've ever filled in a B cup was when I was very pregnant, or at my heaviest.  Both of those times, the boobs were fighting a losing battle with the belly, so nobody would have noticed.  This time though, the belly has gone WAY down, and the boobs have remained!  After hubby pointed this out to me (the perv!), I couldn't stop looking at my video screen and asking myself the same question "Whoa, where did those come from!?".

In other news...for those of you who follow Shelley at "Eggface", you might like this.  I've been trying some of her ideas and recipes when I have the ingredients on hand.  I made these cute little pistachio muffins.  How appropriate for St. Patrick's Day.  They were super easy to make and even the kids loved them.  Well, that was until the 4 year old told the 5 year old that there were almonds in there, then she decided she no longer liked them!  That's after she ate two of course.  Here's what mine looked like...


I've made them twice and both times I only get 10 muffins.  Shelly says the recipe makes 12.  I even added some apple sauce the second time to try and get a little more, but still only got 10.  Go figure.  Maybe her muffin tins are smaller than mine.  Anyway, they were really light and airy, and tasty.  What a great 'on the go' high protein snack.

I guess that's all for now.  I'm going to bed very early tonight in hopes of making it to the gym at 5:15 for my weight training class.  I'm so glad this week is over and I have a day off tomorrow!

4 comments:

Molly Naughton said...

You look amazing!!!!!

Read said...

you continue to look fantastic!!

Beth Ann said...

You look great and the pants look just fine!!

Fluffy said...

Looking good! Keep it up!

In response to your comment, I did the Les Mills Body Pump class. Honestly, the next day I didn't feel a thing. I didn't have the weight high enough, but that's OK. Any doubt I had about my bootcamp increasing my strength definitely went out the window!