Saturday, March 12, 2011

Heading in the Wrong Direction


Well, for the first time ever since surgery, the scale moved the wrong way.  I don't know what's going on but all week I've been up anywhere between one and two pounds (yes, I weighed every day).  This really sucks the big one!  And, here's the funny thing.  This week I actually tracked my protein and water intake EVERY DAY.  I usually only get to that once or twice weekly.  Also, I made it to 3 Body Pump (weight training) classes this week, a spin class, and worked out at home on the treadmill twice.  So, that's 6 good exercise days out of 7.  I was pretty darn proud of myself!  Have I mentioned that this sucks the big one?  What the hell.  Hubby thinks I might be getting TOM soon, and that would explain it.  Hey, that might make me feel better (what!?).

I guess I better bite the bullet and put my weekly weigh in here, even though I don't want to.  So if I take the 2 pounds I was up this morning, that brings me to a total loss of...

44.5

I'm keeping fingers crossed for a better week next week, but I'm not so confident that will happen.  You see, my hubby lost his job yesterday.  Let's not even get into how pissed I am at what they did to him.  I will say though that stress is NOT a good thing for the body, especially when you're trying to lose weight.  Also, in my typical knee jerk response to jump into action, I signed up for a bunch of hours at my job next week.  I needed to do something to feel helpful in this awful situation.  I feel lucky that I have the ability to grab hours when I need or want to.  However, I don't have the best eating track record when I'm at work.  My breaks are only 10  minutes which totally breaks the #1 band rule of eating slowly!  Let me just be negative for once in my life (normally Suzie Sunshine here) and say this all TOTALLY SUCKS!  Phew, OK, now that's out...I'll move on.
I'm going shopping today and will be buying lots of healthy things that I can bring to work.  I'm hoping for the best.  I will NOT gain another ounce this week. That is my promise to myself.
Hope you guys all have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Fluffy said...

Sorry your husband lost his job---that sucks for sure! I agree that stress can negatively impact your weight loss - even if everything else is on track. I also wanted to mention that I found that when I did more intense workouts (such as you described here) that I found that I stayed the same or *shudder* gained a bit. But I told myself (and yep - it still pissed me off, normal I think) that I am making good eating choices and working out - "stuff" has to be happening on the inside! If you haven't taken your measurements, I encourage you to do so because if your schedule allows you to keep this up I bet you will see movement in one or both areas (scale/measurements). Keep it up and hang in there!

Beth Ann said...

So sorry about your husband's job and the stress it is causing y'all! Hope that turns around soon. The ups of this roller coaster ride are not fun, but keep with it and you will get a nice good dip! :) They make it all worth while.

Read said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job and am sending good vibes your way that he'll find another one very soon. I know it's hard, but keep doing what you're doing and I promise the scale will catch up. You're doing fantastically!!!

Sam said...

Sounds to me like it could just be the stress. Sorry to hear about your husband's job. I hope he finds another one soon!!

FritoBandito said...

It could be the stress AND the added workouts. Don't let get the best of you. I bet you will see the scale move back in the right direction if you keep the workouts up. Best of luck!