Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lots of Random Stuff

I had a hard time sleeping last night, and when that happens, my mind races.  So, I had about a million random thoughts run through my head.  I figured I might as well put them down here and share my madness with you all!

Today is the start of Lent.  Are you giving up something?  I'm not Catholic but have often decided on my own to sacrifice something for Lent.  It's usually refined sugar so I think I'll go with that one again this year.  I've been struggling to get the scale to move again this week so maybe eliminating the small amount of sugar I currently allow myself, will get things moving.  Seriously, what else is left to give up at this point?!

Why is it that married men are checking me out now?  I get that people might start noticing me more now that I've lost quite a it of weight, but why is it always married men?  That totally skeeves me out and makes my blood boil.  It has happened twice now...some random guy at the gym making eyes and smiling at me, with a glaring gold band on their finger!  Yuck.  Morally defective pigs, that's what I say.  Then there was the creepy old guy at the UPS store who said hi to me on his way out, then waited in his car for me to finish up and come out.  I'm not sure if he was married or not because I was in a hurry to lock all my car doors, for fear that he might be a crazed mad man.  Ick.

We've booked a family trip to Disney world in the fall.  I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to eat while there.  It's 6 months away and already I'm food obsessed!  It's more about how I'm going to survive the week while trying to stay healthy, and what stuff I can bring along to make things easier.  We don't eat fast food at all, so this could be a nightmare.  I have the feeling I'll be pretty sick of protein shakes and protein bars when that week is over.

I'm back to spin class on the weekends, and I love it.  I was taking the class at least once a week but things got all messed up with my work schedule and the kids weekend activities.  I decided it's time to take control and allow myself some 'me' time, even if it's not convenient.  I went on Sunday and got a great workout.  I promised myself I wouldn't sell myself short, meaning I would do EVERY thing the instructor said to do.  Rolling hills...Fine.  Steep climb...No problem.  Sprints...got it!  Give me 65% of your maximum watts...What?  Seriously, I failed math.  You lost me at 65%.  I'll just spin like mad and hope for the best!
Anyway, I plan on going every Sunday as long as I'm not working.  It's a date for ME!

I hope you're all well, and sleeping better than I am these days.

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

I'm glad you found me! Now I can follow you!

Giving up refined sugar is very impressive! I'm going to lose my mind with just chocolate. :)

I've never tried spinning, but it is on my list of things to try. Have a good day!