Monday, April 18, 2011

8 Month Bandiversary already!

I can't believe how fast the months have flown by.  It's already been 8 months since my surgery.  Phew!
I didn't do a weekly weigh in last week because, well, I had nothing to report.  I've been sitting at a stand still for a few weeks.  I'm now at a grand total of...


48.8

Not too bad, but I have to admit I wish it was more.  I'd love to see 50.  I knew the weight loss would slow down, I just didn't think it would be this s...l....o.....w!

I've been committed to going to the gym 3 times a week for some time now.  I usually do 30 minutes of cardio at home on my non-gym days.  I decided I have to kick that up a notch.  So, my new routine is hitting the gym 4 days a week, and cardio at home the other 2.  One day of rest of course.  I'm hoping that will get things moving again.

One good thing that has happened is that people are now asking a new question.  Most people look at me and ask "have you been working out?".  The question used to be "have you lost weight?".  I take that to mean that I'm looking more toned.  I have to say I owe that to my 'body pump' (weight lifting) class I've been doing 3 times a week.  It's working!

So, in keeping with my monthly tradition, here's the picture update.


I don't know why I can't get these to go side by side, but here is day 1 after surgery compared to today.  So, there you have it.  Eight months of hard work, dedication, and a little help from my friend Phil the Band.  Happy Monday everybody!

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Wow! 50 pounds (I think we can round up here) really made a differnce on you! It took me 50 pounds before I could really even see a little change! And you aren't even a year out yet! Keep it up sister!

Fluffy said...

What a difference! Congratulations. I agree that your bodypump classes are definitely making you look not only thin, but fit! Yay you!

Beth Ann said...

YAY!! Fantastic difference!

Something About Kellie said...

That is a huge difference. The scale reading does not do the visual transformation justice!!!