Friday, April 29, 2011

Guess What?

Well, there are several answers to that question.  First of all, let me share this with you...

Yup, that's right!  The scale started moving after I changed up and boosted my work out routine and I'm officially down a total of...

50.6

Can you believe it?  I'm in all new territory now.    Which  brings me to my next point.  

Remember I was saying my goal was to get to my High School weight?  Well, I blew right by it and am BELOW my High School weight!  WOOOOO HOOOOOO!  I haven't been this weight since I was 17 years old.
Obviously things look a little different than they did all those years ago, especially after having 2 kids.  But that's OK because I work out WAY more now than I ever did then and I feel fantastic.

I was thinking about going into Home Depot to take a picture of a big 50 pound bag of something to show how much weight I used to carry around.  Then I remembered that my daughter weighs almost that much right now.  So, check this out...



Now imagine me carrying her around all the time, every day.  Seems impossible, right?  
Well, that's pretty much what I'd been doing for years, except it was distributed over my whole body.  Good God, no wonder I had back, knee and neck pain.

And guess what else?  According to Wikipedia I've surpassed the average weight loss for the first year of a Lap Band patient, and I'm 8 months post op.  So when I feel like things aren't happening fast enough, I can remind myself of that little fact.

My husband the math wizard tells me I have lost 62.5% of my excess body weight.  That my friends, is why I had this surgery!

Have a great weekend everybody!

3 comments:

Dawnya said...

Congratulations!!! This is wonderful news. Keep up the good work.

Jody V said...

Congrats...congrats...congrats to you!! That is absolutely wonderful! Keep up the good work!!

Lap Band Gal said...

WOW! AMAZING! Keep it up. Your hard work it paying off :)