Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Husband, The Show Off

Towards the end of my Body Pump class, when my our muscles have been over worked and we're just about spent, the instructor has us do a 'plank' position and hold it for about 3 minutes.  Some people call it a 'hover'.  It's a core strengthening exercise, and it's not easy to do when you're overweight.
I was telling the hubby how proud of myself I've been during class because I can do the plank position now with no problem, and I feel stronger.  I asked him if he wanted to do one with me since he used to do yoga and was familiar with the pose.
Well, the show off husband, who doesn't have a weight problem, did this...


He not only did the plank for at least 5 minutes (I got tired of counting), but he did it with our 50 pound daughter perched on his back.  Show off!
Really he wasn't trying to show me up, he's very supportive and my biggest cheer leader.  He's just incredibly strong, and this is definitely proof of that.

3 comments:

Something About Kellie said...

Thanks for the Biotin tip! I will source some tomorrow :)

I still find the plank very hard - well done :)

FitBy40 said...

Cute legs!

FitBy40 said...

Oh honey, you're so funny! That's my hubby hijacking my blogger account. Yes, you do have cute legs.