Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My New Favorite Meal

You know I tend to have trouble eating solid protein these days.  Usually I don't mind eating things like cottage cheese, yogurt, soup, etc.  It doesn't really bother me.  But, sometimes I just want to sit down to a hot meal and eat like a normal person.  So I made up this great dinner idea (all on my own!) and hubby and I both loved it.  Best of all, it's packed with protein, and it went down with  no problem!

Have you ever heard of Shepherd's Pie?  Well, this is sort of, but not really, a version of that.

Cook up a pound of 93% lean ground turkey with a packet of taco seasoning (follow the packet instructions).  When it's all cooked up put it in a baking dish.
Then I take my fake mashed potatoes (over cooked mashed cauliflower with a wedge of Laughing Cow), and pour that over the top.
Then sprinkle on some reduced fat shredded cheese.  I used sharp cheddar.
Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.

Here's what it looks like...


Holy Mother, it was YUMMY!  I got to have a hot meal that was tasty and healthy.  Total bonus!  Hubby wanted to know when we could have it again.  Double bonus!

Go ahead and give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: