Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Effing Hormones!

About once a month my band goes on vacation.  I have a day or two where my body loses the battle with my brain and I have no control.  I don't know why every time it happens, I sit here like a dumb ass wondering what's wrong with me and why my band has decided not to show up to work.

Then, a little light bulb goes off in my head and I decide to look at the calendar.  Ahhhh, that explains it!  The dreaded monthly cycle is beginning.  That might explain the zits that suddenly showed up on my chin yesterday.  That might explain why I haven't eaten a meal today, but have instead just eaten all day long with no regard to the band rules.  A handful of this, a few bites of that.
It might also explain why my sugar free fudgecicle and teaspoon of peanut butter did nothing to quench my chocolate craving!  It wasn't until I took a Hershey kiss and dunked it in peanut butter that I decided to look at the calendar.  STOP ME NOW!  That's why I'm sitting here writing this blog and watching The Biggest Loser.  It's keeping me from the treat jar.

Damn you TOM!

1 comment: