Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The God and Bad

The Good:

~I believe I misdiagnosed myself and am not gluten sensitive.  I have discovered the hard way that it's actually dairy.  (more info. in The Bad section)

~I ran a mile in 11 minutes, without having trained at all this year.  Last year when I was running regularly, I couldn't break a 12 minute mile.  Now after only running one other time this year, I'm able to do it in 11 minutes without really trying.  See what losing 50 pounds will do for your fitness goals!

~I have worked out 4 days this week and it's only Wednesday!


The Bad:

~I'm Lactose Intolerant.  I've known for a long time that I can't drink milk, but haven't had much trouble with other dairy products.  That is until yesterday.
My mid am. snack was a SF chocolate pudding.  Lunch was cheddar bisque soup.  Mid pm. snack was a Laughing Cow cheese with a few GF crackers.  Oh Mother of all things Holy, did I pay for all that dairy consumption!  I was LITERALLY on the floor of my dining room in the fetal position, in agony.  I was pretty close to begging for death to come quickly and to be put out of my misery.  I had stabbing gas pains and excruciating cramps.  Imagine child birth, and that's just about what I went through.
I was unable to have any dinner and I think all the built up gas made my band even tighter than before.
Since "Google" is my new best friend, I looked up lactose intolerance and discovered that most people can tolerate moderate levels of dairy but too much in one day will cause problems.  Don't I know it!
Needless to say, I haven't had so much as a Calcium chew today because I'm terrified of having that pain return.

~I had to work today and since all dairy products were off the menu for me, I just brought some olives and a GF snack bar for lunch.  On my lunch break I had the bar.  Remember I mentioned my band is tight?  Well, let's just say I spent the next hour revisiting that darn bar WHILE TRYING TO TAKE PHONE CALLS!  I had to put a caller on hold twice while coughing up gobs of slime in my trash can.  Nice.  Real professional of me.  I'm on liquids for the rest of the day.  I can't take any more band drama for today.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments: