Friday, May 20, 2011

Quick Update on the Thorn

I completely forgot to update you all on the thorn in my side issue.  Hubby 'ordered' me to take 3 days off from the gym, to see if my pain was muscular in nature.  I have to admit that after 3 days off, I was feeling WAY better.  Not 100%, but I'd say about 90% better.  Well enough to not need to see the doctor.

This leads me to believe that whatever was going on was a muscle pull/strain/tear.  Every once in a while I feel a little twinge in the area, but not pain and nothing like the burning I was feeling before.

The other issue, which may or may not be related to that pain, is something I've been in denial about for a while. I think I have an issue with Gluten sensitivity.  I keep denying it, and testing it, and having problems.  I never had any issues like this when I was younger, so I once again I say getting old stinks!
It seems that whenever I eat something with wheat or gluten in it, I get really nasty gas (sorry for the TMI), bloated, and sometimes cramps.  I already gave up eating bread, pasta and cereal because of the band, but now I can't even have crackers or anything of the sort.  This really shouldn't be an issue since there are so many gluten free options in the grocery store these days, but of course I have to keep testing and trying to push the issue just to be sure.  I'm not always the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to my own body!

I'm taking this one day at a time.  I'm not promising to be gluten free for the rest of my life, or even the rest of the week.  I am however gluten free today, and I was yesterday.  I can tell you I haven't had any cramps, bloating or gas for 2 days.  I guess I know what that means, like it or not.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Sorry to hear about the gluten, but at least you have worked out what the problem is. And there really are so many gluten free options, you should be able to find subtitutes for all your foods.

Beth Ann said...

Glad to hear that the pain is fading. But I'm sorry about the gluten issue. It is entirely possible to make those changes with the options available, but isn't ideal and can be a pain.