Saturday, June 18, 2011

How Could I Forget?!

Yesterday was my 'bandiversary'.  Seriously, how could I forget that!?  I'm 10 months post-op.  I worked all day yesterday and was exhausted when I finally got home, after battling Chicago rush hour traffic for 90 minutes.  I didn't have it in me to even get on the computer, let alone write a post.

So, I'm a day late but here it is.  My weight loss to date is...

52.2

Just a .2 pound loss this week, but it's better than nothing (which is what I've been getting lately).

I had to work again today but had my hubby quickly take my monthly comparison shots before I left.  Ready for this?

August 17, 2010
June 18, 2011

I know I said 'NO MORE FARMER'S TAN' for this year, and believe me, I've tried.  However, the tops of my arms haven't seen the light of day in decades, so it's going to take some time for them to  catch up to the bottom half.  I'm working on it!

Notice the new size 12 pants are sagging a bit in the butt.  Who would have ever thought that could happen.  Not me.  I come from the Butt Family, seriously!

I know I complain about my current plateau (a lot), so that's why it's good for me, and those of you who are also struggling, to do these comparison shots.  I am reminded of how far I've come, as well as where I NEVER want to be again.





I've been meaning to mention for quite some time now that the BMI calculator states that I'm no longer 'obese'.  Of course I'm still in the overweight category but as long as I'm out of the danger zone for co-morbid conditions, I think I can live with that.  My doctor agrees.

After 10  months I can confidently say that exercise is a regular part of my daily routine.  It comes as naturally as getting out of bed and brushing my teeth.  That was a  big goal of mine, and I'm there.  

I can also say that after 10 months I have not conquered my food issues.  
My brain is still a fatty.  I still want to 'cheat', eat sweets, and still find myself wanting bigger portions.  
I usually make the right choices and follow the rules, but I wouldn't trust myself without the band.
I'm hoping that will change over time.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Father's Day.
Be well!




9 comments:

Sarah G said...

You are looking great!! Congratulations!! Don't get discouraged, you are still making progress even if the scale is moving slowly.

kagead said...

Congrats on your success! You are doing great!

Andrea Brooks said...

Congratulations! It's awesome to see the pictures and see how far you've come!

Something About Kellie said...

These are fantastic comparisons! It was recently my 7 month anniversary on the 15th and my post is later than yours so you've done well!!

It's amazing how our plateaus stop us seeing the bigger picture!

Maria said...

Amazing job! Congrats!

Ronnie said...

You look great! And sagging size 12 pants? Officially jealous! :)

Beth Ann said...

Holy crap, hottie!! I feel ya' on the farmers tan. I go to the tanning bed like 3-4 times a week and I still have issues. Le sigh.

Jody V said...

You look fabulous!! All that working out has really paid off. You can see how toned you are! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!!

Andrea Brooks said...

Thanks!