Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I did a Little Shopping!

I've been stuck in a bit of a "Catch 22" situation as of late.  I've been getting a lot more hours at my part time job, which is great.  However, the down side to that is I have absolutely no business-casual clothes that fit me any more.  I've mentioned before that I'm on camera all day at work so I'm required to wear solid, dark colors.  My closet does not runneth over.

Hubby and I have implemented a strict lock down on our monthly spending since he's still out of work.  That means no un-necessary spending of any sort.  I've been making do with the same one or two outfits over and over and it's becoming a bit embarrassing!
I also don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes since I'm probably (God willing!) not going to be in my current size forever.

So, darling hubby cashed in some credit card points/frequent flier miles for a $25 gift card to Walmart.  Did you know you could do that?  We're never going to earn enough on that particular card for a free airline ticket, so why let the points just sit there collecting dust when Mama needs new clothes!
I know a trip to WallyWorld is not most ladies idea of great shopping, but it's the best we could do for now.

I am pleased to announce that I tried on a few pair of pants, different brands, and they were all a size 12!  I have never, and I mean NEVER been a 12 in my life.  I honestly don't remember what size I was in middle school, but I do know that I was a 16 all through high school and most of college.  There might have been a crash diet here or there that allowed me a brief stint in a 14, but for the most part I've been 16 or up.  This is definitely  new territory for me, and I like it!

So, wanna' see what I bought for my whopping $25?  My kids actually made me put on a 'fashion show' for them, and hubby of course insisted on taking pictures.  Here goes...


$12 pants, $12 shirt.  Can't beat that!  And it fits the dress code for work, so I accomplished my goal.  (I already had the shoes).

Then, because I cannot resist a clearance rack, no matter how strict the spending lock-down...I had to get this sweater.  It was only $5.


So now I can mix and match the 2 tops with the black pants and possibly get through the summer while spending less than $30!  That's a good shopping day in my book.

Have a good night everyone!

6 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Seriously impressive...I LOVE Walmart. You look great by the way!

Ronnie said...

Nothing wrong with a Wally World shopping spree. I love most of their stuff. :) You look so slim! Congrats on the new low size, I'm seriously jealous. LOL

Beth Ann said...

You are my hero! I love bargain shopping right now. You are right, there is no need to spend a lot of dough on things you hope to NOT wear next year.

Jody V said...

I agree with Ronnie on the shopping spree! I do it all the time. I buy their tank tops for $4 each in every color! But...not in a size 12!!! You go girl!

Stephanie M. said...

Cute stuff! I love a bargain. I got a dress for $8 on clearance at Marshall's and I've been wearing the heck out of it. It's my favorite dress. So I totally understand!

Justawallflower said...

That blue top is super cute! I can not resist clearance shopping either, even if I don't need anything.