Saturday, June 4, 2011

My First B.Y.O.C, a day late!

I've never participated in Drazil's weekly "BYOC" (Bring Your Own Crazy) questions before.  But, since I'm stuck at work at an unGodly hour, and it's not too busy I figure, why not!  So, here's how it goes...

It’s FRIDAY (I'm a day late so it's Saturday!) – which means it’s BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy…around these parts. We answer a couple of questions to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break.

1. If you could pick any name on Earth for yourself – would you change yours and what would it be?

Hmmm, I think I like my name.  It's different, and by most people's standards, spelled wrong.  I don't know anyone else with my name which is kind of cool.
If I had to pick another name, I've always liked Stella.  I liked it for one of our girls, but since our last name also begins with 'S', I didn't think it would be the best choice.  God forbid she had a lisp and couldn't pronounce her own name!


2. If you’re a worker-outer…what time do you partake in such activities? There are SO many theories about when it’s best and not best to work out….like the morning is better since you have an empty stomach or the night is not good because you won’t be able to sleep…etc, etc. – so I’d like to hear your theories.

You all know I have to work out first thing in the morning before most normal people have opened their eyes!  I never used to be a morning person.  I started the early morning work out routine so that I could be back home before the hubby left for work.  But now it's become a habit and I find that if I don't get it out of the way early, I'll talk myself out of it.  I've also found that the early work outs give me energy throughout the rest of the day and I feel better.

3. If you drive a car – what kind is it and if you could drive any car – what would it be?


For the last few years I've had my Honda-CRV and I absolutely love it!  I wanted a kid friendly car without having to get a mini van, and it works for us.  We're a Honda family.
If I could pick something else, it would have to be after my kids are off to college and then I would choose a BMW convertible.  Way too pricey for my blood, but when my genuis children get full college scholarships, that cute little hot rod will be mine (If I can get over being cheap long enough to stomach the price tag).

4. Can you be totally honest in answering this next question and tell me what you think of tattoos? More importantly – what do you think of the people who have tattoos – specifically women?

OK, I have a tattoo.  Just one, and it's fairly small.  I think it's tasteful and meaningful.  My sister and I went together and got the same design, just before I went away to college.  I've never regretted the decision, nor have I ever wanted to get another one.  I don't mind tattoos if they're tasteful. There's a woman at my gym who has some big monstrosity on her shoulder and even though I see her several times a week, I still can't make out what it is.  To me, that's ugly.  Maybe it has great meaning to her, so I shouldn't pass judgement, but you asked what I thought!

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

I'm trying to remain positive but real life has been a bit of a challenge.  I've been working a lot this week since hubby still has not found a job.  I'm not one of these women who loves being a working mom, and I'm not great at it.  I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for leaving the kiddos during the day and missing out on stuff.  So, in an effort to be positive, let me say that I am so grateful that I have a job and the ability to get work hours to help support our family.  I'm happy to be able to step up when I need to.

I've also not lost any weight in about 3 weeks.  That pisses me off.  I'm only 7 pounds from where my surgeon wants me to be (initial goal) and I feel like I won't ever get there.  It's only 7 freaking pounds for Pete's sake! 

In Blog land things are pretty cool.  I've learned a lot about you lovely lady bloggers and I'm loving lots of picture updates. 

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

You will so lose those 7 lbs...after all the stress dies down. Keep your chin up!

Sarah G said...

Great answers!

Those 7 lbs will come off, donchu worry 'bout a ting!

Jody V said...

Thanks for posting this! I didn't know about Drazil's blog but I will certainly hop over there to participate! I think you're doing an amazing job with your band and exercise. Hang in there. The scale isn't your only judge! Hell....look at you in a size 12!!

Beth Ann said...

I love BYOC because you always learn about people. Those 7 pounds will go away eventally!