Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beware of Expanding Food!



These are not my friend.

In fact I now hate them so much I'd like to write to the manufacturer and tell them they should put a warning label on the box!  I'd like to sue them for the agonizing THREE HOURS I spent sliming, PB'ing, spitting, and then eventually puking them up.  Pain and suffering people, Pain and Suffering!

Let me 'splain.

Pre-band, cereal was my absolute favorite food EVER.  Now, life after the band doesn't really allow me to eat cereal in the traditional sense.  However, I do like to add a little to my yogurt now and then, for texture.  It's usually a handful of Cheerios, or whatever happens to be in the pantry.

My lunch today was one Dannon Lite and Fit yogurt, with a handful of Satan's Spawn here...


Seems like a pretty healthy, protein and fiber packed lunch, right?  Well, let me just tell you that those little suckers EXPAND in your stomach after you eat them.  That's why they can tout that eating this cereal will keep you feeling full all morning.  Well, since I have a HARD plastic band around my stomach, the expanding thing...not so nice!  I couldn't so much as take a sip of water for more than 3 hours.

These nasty little pieces of Devil Doo Doo are the reason that I had oatmeal for dinner, while my kids enjoyed  pizza.  Ohhh, the suffering.

Live and learn, I tell ya'...live and freaking learn!
I have to go drink some water now, I'm sure I'm dehydrated after this lovely, slime filled afternoon.

4 comments:

Justawallflower said...

Oh man, I can not tell you the last time I had cereal!!! I don't even want to think about the heavenly goodness I'm missing out on, instead I will concentrate on the three hours of sliming puking that will inevitably follow!

Beth Ann said...

Oh my...that does not sound good. So sorry!!

Ronnie said...

Never eating mini wheats or their counterparts again - check!

Andrea said...

Yeah thanks for the warning! I haven't tried any cereal yet, but those are my favorite. Guess I'll cross those off the list.