Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Inconsistent

On Sunday I went to a kick boxing class in the morning. I've been working a lot of weekends so I don't normally get to do this class, but since I was off I figured I'd go.  I don't know what came over me but I was like a crazy woman, kicking some imaginary ass in there.  My face was so red that the instructor actually called me out in the middle of class saying "Your face is more red than your shirt!".  I went in with that new attitude that if I drag myself there, I better make it worth it.  It felt great.

Later in the day we had some people over to celebrate the 4th of July.  I love hosting because I have control over what's on the table.  I had one turkey hot dog and a scoop of my own healthy 3-bean bake that I got from Cooking Light magazine (high protein, no carbs).  But you see, there's a reason for all this good behavior.  The reason I was so good all day?  There was pie.  Real, all-American, home-made Apple Pie.  Not fat-free or reduced sugar.  This was the real deal.  I had a piece.  I knew the pie was coming and that I was going to have a piece, so I prepared for it.  I enjoyed it and didn't feel at all guilty.  I'm sure I burned AT LEAST 350 calories during that intense morning work out, so it's all good.  I was thinking "this is what life with the band is all about...I can be normal".  I consider that a successful day.

Now, let's talk about today.  Why can't I plan and be successful every day?  Today started out just like every day with my am. work out and then a protein shake for breakfast.  It's the rest of the day that was just a mish mash of picking, snacking, and not so healthy choices.  My morning snack was a handful of ChexMix.  Come on!  I could have just as easily had a cheese stick or a handful of almonds.  Why am I so inconsistent?  I feel worse about today than I did about eating pie!  Today there was no rhyme or reason, no plan, no real meals to speak of.  That's a bad habit sneaking back into my life and I don't like it.

When I finally sat down and realized I was out of control, I read a bunch of blogs.  You blogging ladies always help to bring me back to where I belong.  You gave me the strength to stay out of the darn pantry tonight!  I'm sitting here having some green tea and reminding myself that tomorrow will be a better day.  I will plan my meals, I will make mindful decisions, I will journal my food, and I will stop the nonsense!

So tonight I thank YOU, all you banded bloggers who are helping me along this journey.
Have a good night, and be well.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I think that's great that you were able to plan your food, burn off calories and then have a piece of apple pie and enjoy it. That's what it's about...moderation! Glad you found some inspiration from blog land tonight!

Jody V said...

Sounds like a great weekend and class! Good for you that you stopped yourself. I also did the same last night!!

Beth Ann said...

Love this post. Probably because I could have written it. Inconsistency is always my issue!