Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday Stuff

Today is weigh in day...yadda yadda yadda.  Of course it's the same as last week.  I had that big 4 pound loss 2 weeks ago and now my body is in full on protest mode to make up for it.  I figure as long as I still feel good, and I'm not gaining, that's cool.  Actually, one day this week I was unable to eat for most of the afternoon and evening and the next day I was down a pound, but I don't think that counts much.

In other news...

~I did 2 Combat (kick boxing) and 3 Pump (weight lifting) classes this week.  I remember back when my goal was to get to the gym 3 times each week, now 5 is my new normal.
In fact, yesterday I hadn't planned on going and didn't set the alarm.  I opened my eyes at 4:50am. and thought 'oh, what the heck, I might as well go'.  Who does that!?  It's craziness, but it makes me feel really good.

~A friend of mine is moving out of the area this weekend.  Her hubby got a promotion that involved a relocation.  She called me over to take all her freezer stuff, since she couldn't take it with her.  When I got there, she told me the movers wouldn't let her pack anything liquid in the truck, so she sent me home with THIS...


She cleaned out her liquor cabinet.  OK, hubby and I are what you might call 'occasional drinkers'.  His occasion is usually once a week.  My occasion is about 3 times a year!  Alcohol is just not my thing, especially now that I get up so early to go to the gym.  But, in honor of this auspicious occasion (free booze), we implemented "adult beverage night" last night.  I have to say it was really nice.  We popped in a movie and had a drink together after the kiddos were in bed.
The best part?  I slept like a baby AND the scale wasn't up this morning.  Now those bottles are probably going to be sitting there for the next 5 years.  Anybody want a drink?

~I was hit on by a 70 year old man at the grocery store!  I offered to let him go ahead of me in line, and he declined.  He told me he likes to take his time looking at pretty ladies.  If he wasn't so darn cute, and OLD, I'd think he was a perv.  He then went on to tell me he's been married for 50 years, God bless him.  I told my hubby he better watch out, now that random guys in the grocery store are checking me out.  We got a good laugh out of that one!

~My band is really tight this morning.  I'm sipping on my protein shake and it's going down VERY slowly.  Could it be from the drink last night?  Hmmmm.

Well, it's Saturday so get out there people.  Enjoy the beautiful day and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

This was a fun post! HOly liquor! Hope your scale moves down soon - it's so annoying being stuck isn't it? xoxo

Beth Ann said...

WOW!! I will come over and sip on that spiced rum! :) I hope that I'm like you someday waking up to work out. You may be crazy, but I like it!