Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sometimes We Get Just What We Want...

For those of you recent followers who don't know, my hubby has been out of work for a little over 4 months.  Because of that, we've been living in limbo, which has been pretty torturous.  He's been interviewing for jobs across the country and we haven't been able to make any plans since we weren't sure if we would be moving or staying.  Imagine not knowing where you'll be living a month from now and how that changes EVERYTHING!  It's awful.

While I've been totally open to the idea of moving to a new state and the adventure of it all, I've been privately not wanting to leave just yet.  We live in a wonderful school district and our oldest will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks.  I've been really excited about her going since it's such a great program.  I've also been thinking about what a pain it would be to have to find a new Christian preschool for the 4 year old, and how much we love the school she's in right now.  I know I'd be able to figure it all out if I had to, but my heart wasn't in it.  I figured whatever was meant to be would be.  I try not to get too worked up about things that I have no control over.
Well, I got my wish anyway!  Hubby just got a fantastic job offer AND we don't have to move until next year.  How perfect is that?  Kiddos can continue going to the schools here and we have a year to get ready for a move.  Talk about taking the pressure off.  Phew!

A few other things that were up in the air beacuse of our 'limbo' situation:

Chicago Lung Run
I'm registered to run the Chicago Lung Run 5K in September, which happens to fall on my birthday.  That's how I wanted to spend my birthday, running a race to celebrate my new healthy lifestyle (and the fact that I can actually run!).  Until yesterday I wasn't sure if that was going to happen.  Now I know for sure I'll be running it and that makes me happy!

Disney
A few days before the lay off, we booked a trip to Disney, minus the airfare.  Until yesterday we weren't sure if we'd be able to afford to fly, or if we were driving.  And even if we could fly, where would we be flying from?  Now we can buy our airfare!  Which brings me to my next point...

B.O.O.B.S.
The BOOBS meet up is happening in Chicago at the same time we'll be in Disney.  However, now that we know we'll be flying, and won't need an extra day for travel, we will be back in town on Friday night. So while I still won't be able to attend all the events because of our vacation, I'd love to meet up with some of you ladies on that Saturday.  Lunch maybe?
I won't be going to the fabulous dinner that is planned for Saturday night for 2 reasons...the participation fee would be too high since I won't be there for the Friday activities, and I don't really eat much meat these days so the 'all you can eat' salad bar just isn't worth the price to me.
That being said, if anyone would like to get together for lunch or some sort of activity on Saturday please let me know!  I'll be happy to hop on the train and meet you guys down there.  Chicago rocks!

Life is just crazy sometimes, but sometimes you get just what you want in the end.  Isn't that great?

Now we're heading out for a quick last minute trip back East to see our family before this whirlwind of a new adventure/new job begins.  The kids don't even know we're going.  I packed their suitcases last night while they were downstairs playing! 

I'll be off line for a few days and not posting again until next Saturday.  Have a great week everybody.  See you when we get back!

6 comments:

Caron said...

Fabulous news! I have lived in limbo a LOT the past 45 years. It's been more frequent since 1989 when my husband started consulting. Every job is temporary and every job is somewhere else. I know the feelings you've been having so well. God is good. :)

Dani said...

Congrats on getting your life sorted -at least for the next year, And great that you can have your holiday-Good for you:)

Sam said...

Glad to hear it is all settling into place for you and your family :o)

Ronnie said...

Would love to meet up for maybe a late lunch on Friday! (I get in around 11:00 am, so I don't know what time I'll actually make it to the hotel to drop my stuff off and all that, but it sounds fun!)

Beth Ann said...

I would LOVE to meet up with you in Chicago!!

Beth Ann said...

I got so excited about meeting you that I forgot to say CONGRATS! Living in limbo is so tough and I'm glad you can move forward. :)