Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Citrus is NOT My Friend

I recently had my first brush with heartburn.  I have to say I was starting to think something was wrong with the band.  Isn't that always the first thing that comes to mind?
Then all of a sudden it hit me, the one thing that I was doing differently, the only thing that had changed was this...


Seriously?  It's water!  This goes to show you how sensitive our systems can be and how one little thing can make a difference.  As soon as I stopped the orange water (I was only having one a day), the heartburn stopped.

I'm not bashing the product. I really enjoy having these once in a while, I just can't have the citrus flavor anymore.  Just a little FYI for my fellow bandsters.

Have a great night.

2 comments:

Caron said...

I have a big long list of things my tummy hates and it is mostly healthy things like blueberries, pineapple, avocado and honey. I seem to add something new each year but it takes me about three times to make the connection between what I ate and the stomachache. You figured it out very quickly! :)

Ronnie said...

Citrus gives me heartburn now, too. Which is totally unfortunate as I love it as well. :(