Saturday, August 27, 2011

Goal! (sort of) and Coming Out (a little)

Goooooaaaaaallllll!  

OK, let me clarify that by stating that I'm now just below my doctor's goal.  This is where he wanted to see me.
**It should be noted (blah blah blah) that according to the American Medical Assoc., I'm still overweight.**
 
I have to admit that a year ago this goal seemed so unreachable.  I've never been this weight as an adult and had a hard time thinking I could actually get here.  Now I can see myself going even lower.  My head is in a whole different place now.

That being said, it is Saturday and that means it's weigh in day.  So, my total loss to date is...

61 pounds

Now for the 'coming out' part.  You all know I've kept this blog anonymous, mostly because so few people know I had the surgery and I'd like to keep it that way.  I've also kept my actual weight a secret.  Sure, I post how much I've lost but you'll notice I've never posted a weight.  I guess growing up heavy, I've always been ashamed of my weight.  I never wanted anyone to know my numbers.  I'd be mortified.  Heck, sometimes I didn't even want to know how much I weighed, let alone tell someone else!

Today I decided I'm tired of hiding.  I'm coming out and letting the world know how much I weigh (and still not telling you who I am!).  
I will no longer be ashamed of the numbers, and will be proud of how far I've come.  I think I owe it to myself to be proud, because I've worked darn hard for this!  So, here it is.  Today I weigh 169 pounds.  You can add that to the big red number up above and see what my starting weight was.  My current BMI is 28.  It used to be 39.  I think that's pretty cool.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today, and learn to be proud of your accomplishments too.

Be well!

10 comments:

Caron said...

You are doing great! It took me nine months to lose 32 pounds with Weight Watchers. I had lost some weight on my own before I joined but less than 10 pounds. In a year, you've done very well. :)

Lap Band Gal said...

Wow! You are doing AMAZING!!! :) Congrats!

o.c. bandster said...

Super Job!!!! Keep doing what you are doing and maintenance will be fine. Congrats

Sarah G said...

Wooooooot!!!!

Read said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! You are doing so so so well!!! Keep it up!

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Congrats - that is sooo great!

Something About Kellie said...

61 pounds is awesome!! I myself am ashamed of my numbers (still am) but once I started the blog I was like - stuff it, I am going to put it all out there!! I think it was my way of being accountable - but to a more supportive audience :) Keep up the great work :))

Dawnya said...

You are doing great!!! Good for you for taking over your life and losing the weight. 61 pounds that a big deal!! Cheering for you every step of the way.

Karla said...

Woooooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats :)

Ronnie said...

Welcome to the outside of the closet! ;)