Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm Back!

Phew, that was a crazy whirlwind of a week, and now I'm finally back home.

We went back East to see family and friends since hubby starts his new job Monday and won't have a lot of time off.  We are pretty sure we won't make it back for Christmas this year either, so this was a week of trying to see everyone in one shot.  Busy busy busy!

It took 11 hours for the return trip which is pretty good.  The kids were fantastic the whole time, we couldn't have asked for a better trip.  However, sitting down in a car for 11 hours is not great for my band and dinner is not even an option for me tonight.  I had some pudding and I'm going to bed early.

MIL came back with us and will be staying for 2 weeks to help the kiddos (and me!) with the transition of the new job and having Daddy be gone for half the week.  The good news for me, and bad for you, is that I won't have any hilarious "Ricky" type stories to share because I actually like my MIL and we get along great! So sorry Read :-)

Also, today is our 7 year wedding anniversary!  We actually celebrated earlier in the week since we knew we'd be on the road all day today.  Happy Anniversary to us!

I have TONS of blogs to read and catch up on but I am WAY too tired to do that tonight.
I hope you're all having a great weekend and I'll catch you tomorrow.
Be well!

4 comments:

Fluffy said...

Welcome back and Happy Anniversary!

Ronnie said...

Welcome back! :)

Laura (akaWonderWife!) said...

Happy Anniversary!

Beth Ann said...

I love that you love your MIL!