Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Official Results

Because I love order and consistency, I'm still doing my weigh in results using my own scale (forget for a moment what the doc said the other day).  Today is Saturday which is weigh in day at our house!
My official 'at-home' results are in.
I'm down a total of...


58.8

That's down 1.3 since last time (I didn't post a weigh in the week we got back from our mini vacation).

Now the real challenge begins.  My MIL went back home so I no longer have a live in baby sitter.  Hubby is working out of town 4 days a week, and I can't leave the kiddos home alone.  I have a couple weeks until they'll both be back at school.  Once that happens I can go to the gym while they're in school and all will be right with the world.  Until then, what to do, what to do!?  I'll be missing all my regular classes.  No kick boxing for 2 weeks!  I'm terrified.
I guess the thing to do would be to come up with a plan.  I'm not great at that you know.  However, I KNOW I can get my cardio in because I can walk the kids to the library, pushing them in the double jogger.  That's a 2 mile trip while pushing more than 90 pounds.
We also have a treadmill and an elliptical in the basement for rainy days...no excuses there.  Not too sure how I'll get the weight lifting in though.  I cringe at the thought of losing the little bit of muscle tone I have gained over these past few months!

I guess I'm just afraid of losing my routine.  I have made these classes a habit and I don't want to struggle to get back into it.  The good thing is that this will get me, no FORCE me to leave my comfort zone.  I'll have to do different things to stay in shape.  And once the kids are in school I'll have to take different classes, ones that I've never tried before, in order to fit the times I need.
Change is good, right?

I'm off to work now.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

You could always get some cheap kickboxing DVDs at Half Priced Books or something. I love exercise videos! :)

I don't think you'll lose any muscle as long as you keep up with it.

That being said, does your gym have a childcare facility in it? That might be one option.

Debi said...

You are doing great! And Happy Bandiversary!

I too go by our scale...luckily ours is within 1 lb of the Dr's. So I feel comfortable with using our scales result!

Beth Ann said...

You will do fine! You ahve the right attitude. :)

For muscle tone at home, try: push ups, sit ups, squats, leg lifts, flutter kicks, lunges, squat thrusts, etc. For a couple of weeks, you should be able to keep it up. Good luck!!