Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This is The Week

I have entered the week of 'no gym'.  This is the week I've been dreading.  All my visitors/babysitters have gone home and hubby is working out of state, so I'm left here with a preschooler who has not started school yet.  Once she's back to school I can get to the gym while she's gone.  In the meantime, I have to make it work without being a slacker.

Yesterday while my niece was still here in the morning, I ran 2 miles.  Today I did 30 minutes on the elliptical in my basement.  Tomorrow I'll have to run on my treadmill.  I really have no excuse not to exercise, just because I can't actually go to a class.

I also bought myself a nice journal that I keep on my kitchen counter.  I get up every morning, record my weight, and jot down my food intake all day.  I can't believe how much of a difference that makes.

My husband and I are in a little bit of a competition these days too, which is helping me get my butt moving!  We have super neat pedometers and we check in with each other at the end of the day to see who has more steps.  Here's mine from yesterday...


It's amazing to see the difference between days that I work (sitting down all day) and days that I do a class or a run.  On my kick boxing day I had over 13,000 steps.  I tell ya', since we've been competing, I don't sit down much!

So that's my plan for the week of no gym.  I sure hope it works and that my body won't hate me too much.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

I find when I wear my pedometer I do better for the day as well! I need to get back into the habit of doing that. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Jody V said...

Same comment as Ronnie for me. I need to dig mine out and start exercising again. Great motivation you have!

Ms. M said...

You can be successful without the gym! It sounds like you have all the tools you need & with the little friendly competition you've got this. :)