Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Total Waste of My Time

Well, I went for my so called 'fitness profile' at the gym yesterday morning.  I was told not to work out that day and not to eat too much before the appt. as  I would be going through a series of fitness tests and it would be a pretty tough work out.  Nope, not so much. 

When I arrived, the trainer informed me that the 'machine' that they use to do all the important calculations is broken and has been sent out for repair.  She took my body measurements and wrote them down on a note pad, assuring me that as soon as the machine was repaired, she would plug in my numbers and print out the report.  Why do I feel less than confident about that actually happening?

She did bring me 60 pounds worth of weights and had me hold them just to see how much weight I've lost.  I love the whole 'imagine what it's like for your body to carry that around all day, every day!'.  Crazy, I know, but I did just that for way too many years.  Cool to see how far I've come.

Then she watched me do 4 squats and 4 lunges on each leg to see if I'm evenly balanced, or favoring one side over the other.  That's pretty much it except for a bunch of chatter about the benefits of exercise as we get "older". Ahem...pushing 40!

I kept wondering when the big work out was going to happen, and then she pulled out her date book and asked me when I could come back.  What?!  Why did I skip my morning class?  Why did I skip my mid morning snack?  She claims they shouldn't have told me that the assessment would be done that day, and that I'm supposed to come back on another day to have that done.  BIG WASTE OF TIME!  My schedule is already too busy, I don't have time for this mess.  Ugh!

I did find out that my cholesterol levels have crept up a bit since the doc reduced my dosage.  Not dangerously high but that dreaded LDL is not my friend!

So, I guess after I go for the REAL assessment, I'll have more, and hopefully exciting news.  I can only hope it won't be another waste of my time.

4 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Hang in there...try to find an exercise that you enjoy and is fun...for me, that's NOT in a gym. :) HUGS!

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Annoying! Ugh - I hate it when people miscommunicate stuff like this!

Dani said...

I would be ticked having missed my workout for nothing, I quite like the gym,but I'm starting to enjoy being in the great outdoors whilst exercising as well:)

FitBy40 said...

I actually love the gym and the group fitness classes I take there. What I don't like is this woman wasting my time when I was really looking forward to a butt-kicking work out!