Saturday, September 10, 2011

A New Milestone and Holding Steady

Number_65 : Number sixty-five in silver letters on a silver pedestal  Stock Photo

I was really afraid after my un-fill on Wednesday that the scale would bounch back up a little.  And quite honestly, that first full day that I was able to eat normal again, I wanted to eat everything in sight.  I was like a kid let loose in a candy store!  However, I regained my composure and I'm down another 1.2 which brings me to a whopping grand total of 65 pounds lost!  That makes my current weight at 165, a new all time low.

It's amazing how how much better I eat, and make healthier choices, now that I can eat without fear of pain, heartburn, or regurgitation.  I can sit down to a meal with my family and eat like they eat (in much smaller quantities).  To me, that's a gift.

My 5K race is one week from today, which means my birthday is also one week away (gasp!).  I bumped up my run this morning and did 2.8 (instead of my typical 2).  I sure hope I'm ready for the race because my sister and BIL are flying in for this and I don't want to look like a big loser!  It'll be a nice weekend in the city and after the race we're all going on a river boat ride.  I hear it's a great way to see the Chicago skyline.  Five years living here and we've never done a boat ride.  I can't think of a better reason to do it now.

I had to get a new drivers license last week.  I was all ready to ask the lady to change my weight (darn you Illinois for putting our weight is on the license!) but she looked at the old one in the computer system and said "Oh, we have this all wrong in here. It says you weigh 215!".  I just smiled and said "That's right, I did, but I'd like to change that today".  She looked at me all bug-eyed, so I said  "I was pregnant then, and now I'm not".  Ha!  Well, I was pregnant when we moved here, but I was also a big heifer even when I wasn't pregnant.  I didn't think she really needed all that explanation so I just told her my current accurate weight and went on my merry way with a big smile on my face.  These are the moments that reassure me that I did the right thing when I chose the Band.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

o.c. bandster said...

Love the license story!!! Good for you....65 lbs. is awesome! Good luck in your race--the best part is just that you are doing it no matter how many minutes it takes.

E. Jane said...

I also loved the license story. I can't wait to get to the weight that is currently on my license. It's been a long time since I was truthful about that. Glad I found your blog. I'll be following now.

Anonymous said...

You ARE SO CUTE, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kIMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ronnie said...

I hate when I feel like I have to explain things to people. "I've lost weight - DEAL WITH IT!" right?

That being said, great job with your lost, lady! :)

Ronnie said...

Eek, loss*