Monday, October 31, 2011

The Evil Spoils of Halloween

My nemesis...


Chocolate and peanut butter is my kryptonite.  It makes me powerless and defeats me. I'm thankful this day only comes once a year!

I have put all the extra candy in a bucket on my front porch and I'm hoping the Halloween Gods will send a bunch of teenagers to clean up.

I'll be setting my alarm for 5:30am. and hitting the treadmill and/or elliptical until my kids get up. I must pay for my sins!

I've also decided that this is the last year I'll be giving away candy on Halloween. My kids got a lot of cute things tonight that were not edible. Here's a sample...


Play dough, stickers and even anti-bacterial hand stuff!  That's way cool. Oh, and one neighbor gave away Beanie Babies. Really! Every kid got a full size Beanie Baby. How amazing (and expensive) is that?
Believe me, they got enough candy to last more than a year, but I was so happy to see there was something else out there too. I'll be following suit next year.

And the BEST treat they got this year, from my very sweet neighbor who put together goody bags just for them...


The coolest tooth brush ever. How appropriate after all the sugar they consumed today.

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween.
Tomorrow is a new day!

4 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Awww - those are way cool non-edible treats! Love that.

Miz said...

oooh love the SPIN BRUSH!

Ronnie said...

Ugh, I wish I would have thought of the spin brush, I had to get my kids to let me brush their teeth after all the candy last night! LOL

Andrea said...

Good for you for getting up and working off that candy you ate! That is a great idea, I think I will start giving away stuff like that too! No reason to push candy on kids.