Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Exhausted, and Missing My Husband

Hot dog, I'm tired.  This single parenting stuff during the week is for the birds and I give all you single moms out there HUGE credit for doing what you do every day.  I'm here to tell you, it's no picnic. (Dawnya, I know you're going through this too, can I get an Amen!?)

I was so proud of myself last night that I got the kids in bed and doors closed in record time.  I was all business, no doddling.  Well, about an hour later I realized they never brushed their teeth.  Doh!  These are the things we never forget when we're working as a team.  When I told the 6 year old about it this morning she got a very concerned look on her face and said "OH NO!  Do I have any cavities?".  Gotta' love kids.

Today my downstairs toilet (which has given us problems since the day we moved in) is plugged and seems beyond being able to be fixed with a plunger.  Dammit, where is that husband when you need him most!?

Also just today the exhaust fan in the master bath decided to seize up and refuse to run. Looks like I have to get out the ladder and take that sucker apart and act like I just might know what I'm doing up there.  Aaaaghh!

My 4 year old has decided that this week she will be even bossier, and more 'Type A' personality than usual.  Now she's not just bossing her sister around, but has decided it's OK to yell at me and tell me what to do.  Oh no, that's not gonna' fly in my house kiddo!  If Daddy was here, he'd nip that right in the bud for sure.

The 6 year old is having anxiety.  More than usual.  Every night is turning into a tear fest where she begs me to sleep in her room with her.  She's a nervous wreck about everything, especially school.  Missing a week of school work for our trip to Disney has just about put her over the edge (we're talking Kindergarten here people!)  It breaks my heart.

Sorry to be a downer, but I'm just sharing what's going through my head tonight, now that the house is actually quiet for 5 minutes and I can think straight.

Well, it's 8:30pm. and I'm so tired my head just might fall off my neck if I don't go to bed now. I have to rest up for tomorrow.  We have grocery shopping and swim lessons.  Lord help me!

4 comments:

Jody V said...

Hang in there Ronda. You will get through this and much more. Use anyone you can to reduce your stress and dont feel bad. Keep us updated!!

Dani said...

It really is hard work single parenting- my kids are teenagers and when my husband goes away for work, boy do I know about it!!! Hang in there :)

Dawnya said...

OMG. I can't take much more of this. I'm so glad Charles is coming home next week.

Your 4 year old is bossy...My 2 year old thinks he is the man of the house. Oh and even though he has 6 night lights in his room. He screams if I turn off the big light.

Since you are super mom I know that you can handle this.

Plus...the weeke is almost over and the hubs will be home. Love ya!!

Sarah G said...

Personally I wouldn't mess with the electrical stuff in the fan, I would however attempt to fix the toilet. (You might try snaking it.)

Hang in there, your backup will be home soon!