Saturday, October 22, 2011

Why I Can Never Go Back

I've said before that my new motto is "I'm never going back".  It's mostly because I don't want to be a weight loss surgery failure.  I've seen that happen way too many times, and it's sad.  It's also because I want to do my best to be here for my kids for as long as possible. I wasn't going to be able to do that at 230 pounds and counting.

While I'm in spin class, feeling like I'm going to die and want to quit, I repeat the words over and over in my head "I'm never going back, I'm never going back...". It's my mantra, to remind myself of the reasons why I have to stick it out.

And then there's this...


This is the new summer dress I picked up last week and put away for next summer.  You see, if next summer comes and I can't fit into this dress, I'm going to be pissed like nobody's business!  O.K., let me clarify.  If this dress doesn't fit next year because I've lost more weight and it's actually too big, then I'm totally fine with that.  It was marked WAY down to $5 so it's no big loss.  I'm sure somebody in the 'sisterhood' would love to have it and I'll be happy to pass it along.  But if I gain weight and can't wear it, THEN I'm going to be pissed.

The dress will be my guide (besides the scale).  It JUST barely fits, so if I gain a pound it will be obvious. And now that I've posted it for the whole world to see, I can't go back!

5 comments:

Ronnie said...

Love the dress, super cute! :)

Caron said...

Yep, we have to aim high and that means not going back. Love the dress. :)

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Gorgeous colors on that dress. You'll sooo fit in it next year or like you said - it'll be too big!

Lap Band Gal said...

You're looking SMOKIN' in that dress! Yep, we can never go back :)

speck said...

Well I am so thankful I am reading your post. I was going to eat a few measured out cheeze-its(never eat them) as I was catching up on blogs but I'm not now.

Thanks to what you said. :)

Dress looks great on you now.